Monday, August 10, 2015

August Birchbox Unboxing & Reviews


Well guys, I am falling more and more in love with my Birchbox subscription! This month was another winner, and as of right now, I don't know if I'll be cancelling my subscription anytime soon.

You can sign up for your own $10 subscription here.

In this months box, you'll notice some of the products are aimed at my skin type. This is because I personalized my profile, so Birchbox sends me products tailored just for me! If you sign up for the box, don't forget to customize your profile so you can get products specific to your needs, it is no extra charge of course, and you'll be much happier with your purchase.





St. Tropez
 Gradual Tan in Shower
Full size- $25

Let's begin with the largest sample! I have never used a self tanner like this one before, it's unique because you use it in the shower, to help get an even coverage. This has a weird, floral fragrance, that lingers on the skin. It kind of smells like old, expensive soap. The idea is, you cleanse your entire body, turn of the water, put on this self tanner, wait 3 minutes for it to develop, then turn on the water and wash it off. Now, I'm just going to keep it real and tell you guys that this seemed super weird to me. What do you do for 3 minutes standing in the shower? You stand there feeling very uncomfortable and cold, that's what. 

I mean it's a great idea and all, and it did leave me about half a shade darker, with a nice glow, but it wasn't the most fun time of my life. Also, the old people soap scent lingers all day long! Would I purchase? Probably not. I'll stick to self tanners that are used outside of the shower. 







Oribe Apres
 Beach Wave and shine spray
Full size- $22

This worked really nicely! I have very thin hair, and every time I try to get those "just left the beach" waves, it just doesn't last. My hair ends up looking limp, and tangled every time. This helps me achieve those beautiful, summery locks, and it really does hold it in place! This adds a grip to my hair that I don't naturally have, so it's also great for putting in my hair before styling, so it holds it's shape. It also smells great, which is always a plus. I did need to use a lot though, so I don't know how long this sample will last me. I wouldn't purchase something like this myself, because it's not something I would use that often.






Shea Terra Organics
Rose Hips Black soap Deep Pore Facial Cleanser
Full size- $16

Okay guys, my Birchbox subscription has finally paid off, because I've found my new face wash! As soon as this sample runs out, I'm going to buy the full size of this, it's everything I've ever wanted and more.

The consistency of this face wash is a little odd, in fact, everything about this face wash is odd! First of all, it looks like molasses. Oh and it smells like the food you feed to the fish at the zoo, I'm not kidding. Also, when you use this, you have to let it sit on your face for five minutes, like a mask. It's so weird, and so wonderful. I've used this four times now, and I'm head over heels! 

I love black soap for washing my face, and this is an even more pure version. This cleans your face, while still leaving it feeling moisturized. You can also mix it with sugar, or baking soda to make a scrub. I've done this once, and I loved it! Like I said, I've only used this four times, and I've already seen a difference in my skin!

Side Note: I'm going to buy this on the Birchbox website so I can save money. Every time you receive your birchbox, you have the opportunity to review each product. For every review you write, you get 10 points, and 10 points is $1.00 in Birchbox's online store! Right now, I have $15 worth of points, so I can buy this on Birchbox's website for $1!






Balance Me
Congested Skin Serum
Full size- $30

This serum is working wonderfully for my skin, if it weren't $30, I would probably purchase this! This smells a lot like lemongrass, and it leaves my skin feeling a little sticky at first, but it sinks into the skin pretty quickly. This doesn't irritate my skin at all, in fact, I think it's been helping heal my blemishes! I am very satisfied with this sample, since it is targeted specifically for my skin type! Also, it's 99% natural, so I felt comfortable adding it into my skincare routine. 






The Balm
Desert Bronzer/Blush 
Full size- $21

This looks like just a bronzer in the pan, but once you put it on your face, you instantly see the rosey, bronzey glow it gives! This is perfect for summer, especially if you're not a big blush girl like me. I actually skip blush 75% of the time, because I don't always want a flushed look. This adds a hint of rosey-ness, but it stills gives a bronzed look overall. I think the size of the sample they give you is great, and since you don't need that much product, I feel like this will last me a month at least! 


I'm super excited about the last two boxes I've gotten from Birchbox, and I'm going to continue purchasing! The samples I've received have been substantial in size, and I've gotten a lot of use out of every single one. I love the rewards system they have, so if I want to buy a full size product, I can save some money. Overall, I'm an incredibly happy customer, and I would definitely recommend you try this subscription box out! 

If you guys decide to buy a box next month, or if you received this months box, please let me know what you think about it, I would love to know! Until next time, I hope you guys have a wonderful week :)


-Hayley 













No comments:

Post a Comment