Friday, August 28, 2015

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette: 4 looks 1 palette & Review



 I decided to challenge myself, and only use my Chocolate bar palette for the entire week. I wanted to write a review on this, but a review is just not enough! I have to show you guys how this palette performs, and how many looks you can create with it. This week, I was able to come up with 4 different looks. They are all very neutral and wearable.






The palette doesn't include the names written on the packaging (and I lost the plastic sheet with the names on it, OF COURSE). To help my explanations of each look make more sense, I made this so you can see which shadow is which.




Monday:






To be honest, Mondays are horrible. This particular Monday was a little rushed, and I didn't have much time to do my makeup. Consequently, this eye makeup took me like .2 seconds. I basically took a blending brush, and threw salted caramel and amaretto in the crease. Then, I deepened things up a little with milk chocolate and haute chocolate. Finally, I patted creme brulee on the lid with a flat shader brush, and highlighted my brow bone with white chocolate. Obviously this is nothing revolutionary, but it's one of my go-to looks, it's effortless and pretty, and takes no time at all. 



Tuesday:





Tuesday I had a little more time to do my makeup, thankfully! This is the most colorful look I've ever done with my chocolate bar palette, since it's really a neutral collection of shadows. Although I feel like this look would qualify as "colorful", it definitely leans more neutral and wearable. 

To start out, I threw salted caramel in the crease (obviously it's the perfect transition!). Then I placed candied violet in the outer corner, and blended, I repeated this until it was built up to my liking. I built it up this way so that I wouldn't have any eye shadow fall down on my face, that's never any fun. After that, I went in with a flat shader brush and placed marzipan on the inner third of the lid. I did quite a long wing, and then deepened up the outer corner with candied violet and triple fudge. I finished eveything off my highlighting my brow bone with champagne truffle. 


Wednesday:







 This look was incredibly easy to achieve, I almost feel bad featuring it, but it's just so pretty!

First, I blended salted caramel throughout my crease, then I simply placed marzipan on my entire lid, and champagne truffle on top of it. I love the look of these shadows mixed together, it's gorgeous! To finish off the look, I just highlighted the inner corner and browbone with champagne truffle.


Thursday:






 This is a very dramatic look, although the camera kind of washes it out. First, I took 3 different shades in the crease- salted caramel, milk chocolate, and semi sweet. Then I really deepened up the outer corner with black forest truffle. This falls out a lot because it is very glittery and pigmented, so if you need to do your eye shadow before your face makeup, go for it! I really took my time blending this out, just so it was seamless. The three crease shades I used made it a lot easier to blend out that harsh dark color. For the lid, I first put down creme brulee, then blended marzipan over top, to make a beautiful rose gold shade. I finished off the look with liquid liner, and a sweep of champagne truffle on the brow bone and inner corner.








Now let's get on to the review.

This palette retails for $49 and you can buy it here.

I received this palette as a gift almost a year ago, and it was my very first high end eyeshadow palette. This palette is amazing for anyone, but especially for the girl who doesn't already have any palettes. I feel like this is perfect for beginners, or for those who have been doing makeup for a while, because every eyeshadow you could need is in this palette! Many palettes I own are missing something- that perfect transition, a matte white, a perfect non-glittery highlight- and this covers all the bases. Even if I don't have any intention at all of using this palette in a look I'm doing, I usually end up pulling it out, because it just has all the basics that others lack. 

One thing I would like to point out is that this palette is almost overwhelmingly neutral. Even the "pops of color" in this palette are somewhat muted and lean toward neutral. This isn't a bad thing at all, because like I said before, this has all the basics you need, and the basics are going to be neutral shades. If you tend to not wear brown eye looks, this is obviously not the product for you, since half the shades in this are brown. Although many of these are in the same color family, they are pigmented enough so that you are able to see a difference when they're on the eyes. If these weren't as pigmented, they might blend into a muddy mess, thankfully this is not the case! 

In my opinion, if you're going to splurge on an expensive eyeshadow palette, it should be this one! There is a nice balance of matte and shimmer, and all the colors that this contains are very wearable and non-intimidating. You can take this palette from everyday natural looks, to dramatic evening looks easily. 

Even though the packaging is a little "novelty" with the chocolate bar theme, it still feels luxurious, which I appreciate. There is quite a large mirror, which I use all the time. I'm not going to lie, it's mostly because while you use the mirror, you can smell the light, sweet chocolate-y smell. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, it smells like chocolate!!

Overall, if you're a girl who loves to rock neutral eye looks, I think this palette is for you! It's pricey, but if you think you'll get good use out of it, it's worth it. 


Until next time, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

-Hayley 














No comments:

Post a Comment