Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skincare Review



Today's blog post is about a month and a half in the making, which is super exciting! I've been trying out this Body Shop skincare system for quite a while, and I'm very excited to share my reviews on all the items that come in this kit!


You can purchase this set here for $29

First and foremost, let's get this off the table, yes I did save this box for almost 2 months. I hoard boxes from my makeup and skincare, and it's a serious problem.

This kit includes a facial cleanser, toner, moisturizer, tea tree oil, and a sample size mask.

This kit claims that you will see clearer skin in just 3 days! Is my skin clear now? No, far from it. However, is it clearer than it was a month ago? I'd have to say yes! I've taken progress pictures along the way, which I will share at a later date, along with my skincare routine, when my skin is nearly free of blemishes. 

Overall this kit is marketed towards acne prone, oily skin. A warning to my dry skinned gals- stay away! Mattifying properties are prominent in most of these products, so anyone with dry skin will inevitably hate this. Sorry ladies! 

I will be reviewing these products in the order in which I use them. Let's get started!



Tea Tree skin clearing facial wash

This face wash is ideal for keeping in the shower!! When I have to take a shower early in the morning, nothing is better than using a refreshing face wash and this is perfect. It feels almost minty, which sounds really weird, but it's actually amazing. I feel rejuvenated and awake after I use this in the mornings! 

As far as cleansing goes, this gets it done. However, I do feel that squeaky clean feeling, which is something I try to avoid. If you're looking for something to treat/prevent blemishes, this isn't your best bet. I don't feel like it ever did anything noteworthy. 

This will continue to have it's place for those morning showers, but other than that, I've discontinued using this every day.


Tea Tree skin clearing toner

Upon first glance you can just tell this is going to be mattifying. The instructions say to shake well before use, this is because there is a visible substance that has gathered at the bottom of the bottle. This, my friends, is a thing called starch. Starch finds it's place in anything that mattifies, and it excels at its job! 

This does what any good toner will do, it rids the skin of any excess oils or makeup that your cleanser didn't wash away. In a skincare routine, the toners job is to balance out the PH balance of your skin, this seems to do that well.

This leaves my skin feeling refreshed (due to that lovely tea tree oil), clean, and mattified, which is always a plus for my oily skin. 

Tea Tree skin clearing lotion

Okay ladies, this is where we really get to the stuff that people with dry skin will despise. Seriously, if you have dry skin, don't touch anything from The Body Shop tea tree line!

This is an extremely mattifying moisturizer, which is kind of incongruous, but it was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a moisturizer that A) wouldn't break me out, B) would moisturize just enough, and C) wouldn't leave me a greasy mess in an hour. This is my perfect moisturizer.

I have extremely sensitive skin, and basically ever moisturizer I've ever owned has broken me out. I'm afraid to use them, I'm afraid not to use them, I'm just plain afraid! Going on the skin, this feels like just enough moisture, with no oiliness. After a few hours, I do feel my skin getting oily, which is very natural for me, but it's nothing like it used to be! This moisturizes my skin, while still keeping it matte for a while. Color me impressed!

Tea Tree oil

I use this stuff like water, which is mildly concerning considering how little you get for such a high price. If you read into this, you'll notice it's not 100% tea tree oil, it's diluted quite a bit. I'm really thankful for this. I have super sensitive skin, as I've mentioned a million times, and I feel like 100% tea tree would irritate my skin. This is the perfect amount of tea tree, so it helps cure blemishes, but doesn't irritate. 

If I put this on new spots, I can rest assured it will be greatly diminished, if not almost gone, by morning. This is a wonderful spot treatment, and so much better than the chemical laden products I was using before on my blemishes! This might not be 100% natural, but the ingredient list is super short, and I can actually pronounce all the words. 


Unfortunately I'm not going to review the mask in this post. The sample they give is only enough for about 2 uses, and I'm just not going to review something I've only used twice. I hope you understand!


Overall, if you have blemish prone, oily skin, I would completely recommend this kit. I've seen very good results, and I haven't had negative reactions to anything, which is great! I hope this was helpful to those of you looking into the kit, and maybe it could help narrow down which products you want to purchase if you don't buy the entire system. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday, and as always I would love to fulfill any requests you have.

-Hayley♥♥♥








No comments:

Post a Comment