Thursday, July 30, 2015

July 2015 Beauty Favorites




Today I am going to share with you all of the beauty products I have been loving for the month of July! This is a post I will do every month, and it will include whatever I have been reaching for lately, whether it be makeup, skincare, hair care, or even clothing items! This month is going to be predominantly makeup. These are the products I reach for every single time I do my makeup, not just in the last month, but for the last few months. These things have made my world go round and I can't wait to share them with you.

Disclaimer: get ready to read the words "Obsessed", "in love", "incredible", and "amazing" about a million times. 


L'Oreal Infallible pro matte foundation

Let's begin by discussing my latest foundation obsession. Yes, I said it. This has been receiving rave reviews, and for good reason! This is such great coverage, while feeling like you have no makeup on. I can't say that about any other foundation I own, including high end. This is incredibly matte, so dry ladies, steer clear. However, if you're oily, I'm just going to go ahead and say this- it might change your life.


L'Oreal Infallible Makeup Extend setting spray

Staying with the L'Oreal trend, let's talk about this setting spray, shall we? This thing is phenomenal, and I don't just throw that word around. This is the first drugstore setting spray I've tried that actually works. It actually sets your makeup in place, and it really takes away the powdery finish. It does absolutely everything that higher end versions do, at over half the price. 

The only downside is that it has that Nars rubbery packaging. You all know what I'm talking about. It looks so pretty, but gets dirty so quickly. I should've taken a photo of the one I'm currently using, I used a backup for the photo because it was clean. (Obviously I had to take a picture of the clean one, for aesthetic reasons!) I suppose a quick once over with a wet wipe would take care of it, but honestly, no one else sees it, so who has time for that?

 Mary Kay blush "Shy"

This is the blush that has made me question why I even own other blushes. I use this every. single. time that I do my makeup. It is so perfect, it gives beautiful color to the cheeks, and also adds a bit of sheen. I am not a huge fan of blushes, I don't really go crazy for them like I do other things, but this one gets me excited! 


As you can see from the swatch, this has some glitter in it, but on the cheeks it is barely noticeable. Obviously you can buy this from anyone that sells Mary Kay, but if you don't know anyone who does, you can buy it on their website, or Amazon.



Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer "light warm"

If this wasn't so expensive, I would slap this all over my face as foundation and call it a day. This is the best concealer I have ever tried in my life, and that is the only reason I can justify the price tag. Urban Decay has managed to make a concealer that can cover the darkest of undereye circles, and still feel like you're wearing no makeup at all. This may be the only concealer I ever repurchase for as long as I live. (The small part of my brain that is financially responsible is cringing at just the thought of this.)

Until someone makes something better, which may be never, I will continue to praise this concealer. 



N.Y.C Smooth Skin loose face powder "translucent"

This is the powder I set my beloved Naked Skin concealer with, and it, too, is amazing. Coming in at under $3, this is better, and more affordable, than any other loose powder I've tried. This keeps my concealer from creasing, and it extends the wear of any makeup on my face. Basically this does everything it's supposed to do, and it's super cheap, it really doesn't get better than that does it ladies?




Too Faced Chocolate Bar eye shadow collection


Now this isn't even a July favorite, this is an entire life favorite. As far as high end eye shadow palettes go, I think everyone should get this first. Let me name the reasons why:

Firstly, and most importantly, it smells like chocolate. 

Secondly, if you're in the market for a more expensive eye shadow palette, this is a little cheaper than all the rest. I mean I'm only talking a few dollars, but hey, every little bit counts!

Thirdly, this just has way more color selection, and variety than any other palette I've found. You can get so many different looks out of it. You can take this from everyday looks, to more dramatic looks. They are so easy to blend, none of the shimmers have chunky glitter, all the mattes are smooth and creamy, the packaging is super sturdy, and basically everyone needs it, okay? Skip the Naked palettes and just buy this, I promise you will be so much happier!




Bella Pierre lipstick "catwalk"

You can never find this brand in any store, but it you're looking for good quality lipstick, and you're willing to make an online purchase, I would definitely recommend this This formula is so amazing, it smells SO GOOD- dare I say, better than MAC lipsticks, and the packaging is just super classy. I don't go through lipsticks a whole lot, but I'm blowing through this one. This shade in particular is the perfect nude for me, and the formula is so creamy and easy to wear. I give this one thousand stars.



Real Techniques makeup blending sponge

For my last product, I'm going to switch gears from makeup, to my favorite makeup applicator. I'm going to be up front, this is another picture of a backup, because let's be real, makeup sponges are super hard to clean, and I don't want to show you guys an old, faded sponge!

This thing is so amazing! I've never bitten the bullet and bought myself a beauty blender, because I'm super rough on these sponges, and I don't feel like tearing up a sponge worth $20, I'm sorry. Consequently, I've purchased every beauty blender dupe known to man, and this one is the only one I've repurchased, because it's seriously the business. 

There's just something about the softness of this, and the way it's shaped and fits perfectly into your hand, that makes me love this more and more every day. It's only $6, so please do yourself a favor and buy this immediately. 






Well that wraps up my first ever monthly favorites! I know these will be my absolute favorite posts to write, so I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

-Hayley❤❤❤





No comments:

Post a Comment